Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mia Hansen




I had the pleasure to meet Mia Hansen yesterday , a local plush artist whose work i admired for a while now! We did a toy swap in which i gave her my handmade egg tart she liked and i got this cute red kitty plush she made. She said she screenprinted it in her little apartment!

I went with her to Occupied and she dropped off some more kitties to sell there so you can get your own now! If you don't live in vancouver she also has a new etsy store here!

Now all i have to do is find room for my toy but luckily i went to Ikea last weekend and Jayson
and i put together a toy cabinet which i have been badly needing since i don't like to have dust collect on my plush art toys. Check it out!and open sesame!
top is misc toys and bottom is all toys me and jayson made

Top is dream pets and bottom misc toystop is mostly handmade plush art toys i love and the bottom is all jayson's handmade toys
and sculptures.

sigh toy addiction ....am i alone here?? haha

12 comments:

Eva said...

that's a sweet toy collection!!! :D
i need a toy cabinet :D right now my toys are taking over my work desk!

stephanie said...

great display!
no you are not alone with the toy addiction!
i love the mr. donut toy you have there!! where did you get it?!

Jocelan Thiessen said...

stephanie
a friend of mine from japan gave me it when she visited me in vancouver
last year. It is a prize you get from collecting the box labels when you buy a box of doughnuts but my friend said she cheated and bought it online! hehe it is definately a fave of mine!

Tizzalicious said...

I love the kitty!

and wow, what a fantastic collection!

Stacey said...

Ohhhh, you are so not alone in this! In fact, I recognize many siblings to my own collection in your cabinet. Thanks for sharing!

mushroommeadows said...

One of the best toy collections I've ever seen! :)

this just in said...

YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT ALONE IN YOUR TOY COLLECTION ADDICTION. My name is Cartoon Curio, and I am a toyaholic too.

Congrats on finding a most excellent way to showcase them all! That's a great idea. I always have to dust mine (and it takes forever) but maybe if I get a case with doors I won't have to!

I'm glad your poo has a good home in there with all his friends. :)

TokyoBunnie said...

WOW! awesome collection!!

Laurraine Yuyama said...

Great cabinet and awesome display!!! love all your goodies ;o)

Cheryl said...

I found this through Lucas TDS's comic strip page (I'm a loyal fan), where he linked your site under construction. Am I ever glad he did! I love these. And are you the artist formerly known as JH?

Jocelan Thiessen said...

Yeah i am the artist formerly known as jocelan hillton! Are you cheryl claudio? Hi!

Cheryl said...

Yup! Hi! Glad to reconnect. Your toys are the perfect gifts--will order a couple for Christmas presents. Keep em comin!