Friday, August 29, 2008

Artisan Bread in 5 MInutes a day!


My Friend Laurraine from Patchwork Pottery introduces me to an awesome book "Artisan bread in 5 minutes"which i had to get! Now that i have time off i have been trying a bunch of recipes from it and it has become a fav cookbook for sure! I have never really been a baker so i had NO experiance and everything i made turned out great! Above is a loaf of peasant bread and below is a Philadelphia Stromboli which is sort of a calazone which is from an olive loaf recipe. Did it take 5 minutes? Not really..
the time to let the dough rise is not included which is usually 2 hours so it is something for the weekend or if you happen to be home for the initial dough recipe. However the dough should last in the fridge for up to 2 weeks! So you save time there. I am just sick of eating preservatives in my bread and also i love the smell so much..

My favorite so far is the onion rosemary foccacia ( above) with some balsamic and olive oil to dip it is pure heaven!!

lastly i had to include my patio tomatoes that are doing awesome! i hope to have more next year.

5 comments:

Laurraine Yuyama said...

Oh Jocelan! All your breads look amazing! Next on my list will definitely be the Focaccia!

EL GRANDE said...

YUMMY! That bread looks amazing. So does your art. Great blog.

Ciao,
Joe y Elio

Brook said...

mmmm looks ssooo good! yeah... homemade bread is a task... 5 minutes... I wish

sunnie_fairy said...

oh man, I'm hungry!

Beth J said...

Your bread looks absolutely delicious! Yummo!