Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Quilt Project DONE!!


This is a project i have been working on and off for a while..my first ever attempt at a quilt.
So i thought start out simple and small would be a good way to go. I also had to make it neutral colours so i did reds and browns to make it a natural feel like nature..most of it is from scraps of fabric i already had so i only had to get the batting and the flannel back of it.

I don't know how anyone can do a bigger one as i had a tough time fitting this in my sewing machine but i had like 3 layers of cotton batting to make it very thick as i actually plan to use it more as a floor cover than a blanket. Thank to my friend, Laurraine for the great quilting tips!

7 comments:

kawaii crafter said...

it looks just lovely! would never know it's your first quilt

mushroommeadows said...

Wow! It's adorable; great job! I love the neutral colors. :)

Beth said...

What a gorgeous quilt, and what a fantastic effort! The fabrics you've used are absolutely adorable.

thereddeer said...

Beautiful! I love the colour choices that you made. That is one lucky bubs!

MissKarenAshley said...

That quilt is fabulous! I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to make a quilt but just can't seem to get started.

Karen
www.simplylovelyideas.blogspot.com

PatchworkPottery said...

Oh Jocelan! Your baby quilt/playmat is wonderful!!! I love the warm yellow check border! Glad I could be of help :o)
Hugs, Laurraine

HYOJI LEE said...

oh! this is really really cute! I'm sure that your baby gonna love it! I saw the mushroom video, and I laugh so loud the when he is looking down on the brige, it looked so real!