Thursday, May 03, 2012

A Lemon Pillow for Little Lemon


I am feeling a whole bunch better this week! The baby is kicking me back into action so i got the pics in my sewing room up on the wall finally and tidied up the house. It is much more of an accomplishment when you are 6 months pregnant to just vacuum and clean the bathroom...whew!

The weather hopefully will stop raining this weekend as i plan to get a bunch of dirt hauled in to start a veggie garden and for other parts of the house to plant flowers. I am excited to throw the seeds in and see what i get. Not exactly a planned garden but i find those are sort of the best :D



So this is what i was working on the last 3 days! A special Lemon Pillow for my little Lemon!
Originally it was suppose to be a quilt, but with the baby quilt in progress, i decided a pillow was a better way to go. I have never made anything with patchwork before so it was a challenge!


The Letters and Lemon were ironed on with Wonder Under, which was pretty easy once i got the hang of it! All the fabric was from my stash, including the super cute lemon fabric i had for like more than a year! I am happy to finally use it!


 One mistake i made was the i made the pocket for the pillow on the wrong side, ( See below) it should have been on the side with the Xen on it but oh well! It was a first try at pillow making and now i can do it better for the next one!


I think She forgave my mistake! I probably should have waited to give this to her on her birthday next week but i figured she is going to get more presents than she needs that day and today she was a bit sick so i wanted to cheer her up.


Oh and here is my sneak peek at the Girly hexagon baby quilt. Hopefully i get it done before 
the baby comes out!




Have a nice weekend!


2 comments:

Sampson and Lorrie said...

You have such a cute blog! Love the baby quilt you were working on and your embroidery work is lovely too! We've been trying to do some home fixing up as well...all with things that we are sewing and creating. We love that you are a stay at home mom, working to fix up your home "just so"!

Keep creating and posting!!! We'll be back to visit :)

~ Lorrie and Sampson (mother/daughter duo)
www.puddlesprice.com

PatchworkPottery said...

Oh Lovely! The lemon pillow is super cute and the hexagon are so pretty!!!